Rugs A Bound recommends
regular careful vacuuming.
Carefully vacuum near the edges of
the rug, and only use handheld attachments on fringe.
Serging, binding, and fringe are very sensitive, and vacuuming may cause damage to
these areas of your rug.
Canister vacuums without beater bars are the most
effective. If your vacuum has a beater bar, turn it off
or set it to the highest setting. If you have a
high powered vacuum, use a handheld attachment to vacuum
Rug padding is highly recommended to
extend the life of your area rug and help in vacuuming.
In the case of a spill, immediately
blot with clean sponge or cloth. Do not rub the affected area.
If you cannot clean the spill,
professional cleaning is recommended.
There are some common issues
inherent in many area rugs, listed below,
that are not considered defects.
- All wool rugs will shed.
- Hand knotted rugs will shed less than tufted.
- Loose fibers are common in hand made rugs.
- Clip with scissors.
- Should disappear in a week or two.
- Try reverse rolling.
- Rugs in direct sunlight will fade out over time.
- Rotate your rug.
- Rotate rug every 3 to 6 months due to traffic.
Serging, Binding, or Fringe:
- These parts of an area rug can be damaged by improper maintenance,
pets, wear and tear, or commercial use.